Youth Tour Overview
Columbus Electric Cooperative and New Mexico Rural Electric Cooperative Association, are offering students from rural areas a once in a lifetime experience! Students get a first-hand look at the electric industry, learn about the legislative and governmental process, and get the rare opportunity to visit our nation’s capital.
Columbus Electric Cooperative will cover all registration, travel and tour expenses for two lucky students to attend the Government-in-Action Youth Tour. The student will also receive $500 spending money.
The total tour value is $3,000.00.
- Be in the 11th or 12th grade when applying.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be an immediate family member of an active CEC member.
- Be able to participate in the tour to Washington, D.C. June 2020.
- Submit the completed application and one original letter of recommendation provided by school personal (Teacher, Counselor or principle) to Columbus Electric Coop on Friday, December 13,2019.
- If selected, the delegate will need to attend a personal interview with a parent/guardian at the Columbus Electric Coop office in Deming or Animas.
Congratulations to Ty Wagley & Krista Jimenez
2019 Youth Tour Delegates