Report an Outage
Power Out? Let's Get it Back On Quickly!
Important! Stay away from Power Lines on the Ground - Do not attempt to remove trees, limbs or other objects from power lines. Call us immediately!
Make Sure Your Home System is Working
- If your electricity should go off, check your main electrical panel to see if a fuse has blown or a breaker has tripped. Fuses must be replaced while breakers need only be reset.
- If the problem is not in your main panel, check with a neighbor to see if other homes in the area have power.
- If the problem is not in your home's wiring or if several homes are involved, call us at 1-800-950-2667. After regular business hours, please call our after-hours emergency outage number, 1-800-228-0579.
When You Report an Outage
To expedite your call, please give the following information:
- Name and address as listed on your bill
- Service Location Number as listed on your bill
- Telephone Number (so we can call you if we need more information)
- How long your power has been off
- If you know the cause of the outage, please describe it (Example: a tree limb fell on the line, a pole has been hit by a car, etc.). This will save time for the crew
Outage Reporting Phone Numbers:
During Business Hours: 1-800-950-2667
After Hours and Holidays: 1-800-228-0579
If your call is not answered immediately, it may mean others are out of power and Columbus Electric Cooperative's operator is working as fast as possible to answer telephones and dispatch crews to get service back on.